The Universidade Portucalense (UPT) has been following with full attention, and since the first days, the evolution of this serious public health problem associated with COVID-19, having until now guided its action for the timely...Read more
Work safely at Universidade Portucalense
Sebastião Feyo de Azevedo
2nd november 2020
Last September 9th, I sent to all the students that were starting their work a ‘start of the 2020-2021 school year’ greeting, in which I stressed that we would work in an organized manner and, mainly, in safety.
Today, having the new students started their activities, I want to reiterate, now to everyone, this certainty that we will continue to work in an organized and safe way.
It is very clear, and we all feel it, that we are experiencing a second pandemic wave that threatens us. These days we have seen a continued increase in cases of infection in Portugal, as in the rest of Europe. The Government has just adopted a new set of measures with the objective of halting this advance of the pandemic.
It is very clear, and I hope you all realize, that our organization and the committed attitude of all collaborators, both teachers and non-teachers, of the UPT is not enough, as government measures are not enough:
Your active collaboration is essential, with strict respect for and compliance with the whole set of fundamental preventive measures, widely disseminated in the UPT and in the media, for us to be successful in this fight aimed at reducing contagion by SARS-CoV-2.
I invite and urge everyone to read and review all these well-described measures on the UPT Portal (at www.upt.pt), but here are some recommendations:
- Permanently use a mask at the UPT facilities, inside and outside buildings, except during the period strictly necessary for food consumption.
- Maintain the greatest possible physical distance at all times.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently, before and after classes, meetings and other social contacts.
- Use the appropriate respiratory etiquette in your behavior, particularly when coughing or sneezing and if you decide smoking.
- Sanitize equipment, especially keyboards and mice, before use.
- Do not share personal items, including cell phones and personal computers.
- Avoid clusters of people and unnecessary social contacts.
- Join and participate in the COVID Stayaway Network, supporting COVID-19 screening.
- In the event of symptoms, however slight, or in case of close and unprotected contact with a person infected with COVID-19, do not go to the place of study or work and contact SNS24 Line tel.: 808 24 24 24 to know what to do.
Academic greetings, with wishes for an excellent year in Universidade Portucalense,
Sebastião Feyo de Azevedo, Rector
The Universidade Portucalense (UPT) has always guided itsaction to combat the spread of COVID-19 by the recommendations of the authorities national health services. Today’s meeting of the National Council for Public Health and the measures...Read more
Considering the information received by the National Health Authority, regarding residents in the municipalities of Felgueiras and Lousada, it is not justified to keep the recommendation issued on 09/03/2020 by this University, and thus these...Read more
How to protect yourself?
Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth and nose
(with your forearm or with a tissue paper that should be place immediately in the bin)
Always wash your hands when you blow, sneeze or cough
If you returned from an affected area, avoid contact close with people
Be aware of symptoms / risk factors.
(cough, fever, shortness of breath, recent travel to/from affected areas)
When in doubt or in need of assistance please call SNS 24
808 24 24 24
- Avoid close contact with people with respiratory infection;
- Wash your hands frequently
- Adopt respiratory etiquette measures: cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing (with a tissue or elbow, never with your hands; always throw the tissue in the trash);
- You should wash them whenever you blow, sneeze, cough or after direct contact with sick people
You must immediately go to the indicated isolation area and inform (in person or by phone) the responsible person defined in the entity where you are. Once in the isolation room, you must put on the protection mask, contact the SNS24 line (808 24 24 24) and follow the instructions indicated. For more detailed information, see the Plano de Contingência da UPT.